Update: We have now released v17.3 to solve the problems mentioned below: v17.3 announcement
Update: Due to packaging issue after release some add-ons like PVR, visualisation and Inputstream are missing. Also on Ubuntu 14.04 an issue came to light. We will release v17.3 as soon as we can to solve this problem.
We’re happy to present you this small bug fix release for the v17 “Krypton” range which contains our continuous effort to further improve the v17 range.
This release consist of several fixes on top of the v17 and v17.1 release to further improve stability and usability.
Additionally this also includes a security patch regarding subtitle zip files. We sure would like to thank every one involved with either development, testing or simply helping out others with answering their questions.
Fixes done in this release:
- Fix selection after channelgroup switching in PVR guide window
- Fix handling of gaps that caused eradic behaviour in EPG grid
- Allow backing out of fullscreen pictures by mapping longpress guesture
- Quick fix for wake up command not being called in PVR power management
- Use alternative method to check if platform updates have been installed on Windows
- Set the minimum version in the code which is currently OSX 10.8
- Fix possible security flaw which could abused .zip files which try to traverse to a parent directory
- Use the correct ttc font from the video file for subtitles on Windows
- Detect and delete zero-byte database files which causes crashes
As always Reddit user are great :
What else is new?
In the bug fix releases we never include any new features. They are as feature complete as the initial version with the difference is they contain stability and usability fixes. If you are curious you can read up on all the v17 changes here: Kodi v17.0 “Krypton”
Where can I download Kodi?
As always you can find the official builds on our download page. Then click on the platform of choice and choose release build. You can install these build just on top of your current Kodi installation without doing a reinstall or cleanup as we do a full migration if needed. All you addons or installed skin will keep working.
Goodbye To Windows Vista : Check out this article to know more.